With Las Vegas being a mecca for all things indulgent, retailers have to stand out from the rest of the glitz and glam in order to attract and maintain clients. SKINS 6|2 is a luxury beauty concept store that came to the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas after having great success in the Netherlands. There, the retailer strives to bring newness and innovation to a discerning customer base- the tourists and inhabitants of Las Vegas.
CPNA sits down with founders Marie and Michiel Poelmans to learn more about the secrets to their success:
- What are the benefits of being a Las Vegas based luxury beauty concept store?
A great test market that is high-traffic. It is great for potential roll-out, national and international exposure, and long business hours.
- Given your experience as a retailer in the same luxury sector in the Netherlands, how do beauty consumer demands differ from those of US clients?
There is not that much difference- there is a bit more demand for quality skincare in the Netherlands because clinical, medical and cosmetic procedure are more accessible and acceptable in theUS.
- How challenging is it to find new brands to constantly edit the store’s assortment and bring newness to your clients?
It is not so challenging- we are approached by new brands on a daily basis.
- How does SKINS 6|2 build a client base with the transient client coming to the Las Vegas strip?
We have a personal database system, and our sales associates follow up with their clients during slower hours.
- What are the SKINS 6|2 core values, and how do you execute them on a daily basis?
- Innovation: We introduce new, interesting brands on a regular basis.
- Independent advice: We really listen to the customer and advise them on what they need, not what we want to sell.
- Retail theater: We constantly change our store set-up to surprise our customers.